My current printer is an HP Color LaserJet 2550L. It has worked great for a long time, but now it decided to not print at all anymore. I'm not too sure why that would be but I have been having more and more problems with it and it can't print large images (probably because it's limited to 64 MB of RAM, which in 2004 seemed like quite a bit already).
So I'm looking for a new multi-function printer and want recommendations. Here are the specifications I'm interested in:
- Works great on Ubuntu 18.04+
- Color Laser (no inkjet, please)
- Multifunction - Printer, Fax, Scan, Copy
- Duplex Scan and Copy
- Two Sided Printing
- Automatic Scan
- Separate Color Toners
- Standard Paper Size (US Letter/A4)
- Internal Paper Feeder (at least 100 pages)
- Output bin should support at least 20 pages
- Connect by Ethernet and/or USB (no WiFi/Bluetooth)
- Budget around $500
What I mean by "automatic scan" is a way to be able to scan an entire stack at once (for example, place all the pages of a contract in the machine and push one button).
The Copy feature should work on its own (no computer involved); like any photocopier.
Fax is really not that important.