Looking for technical support or advice?
This site doesn't do technical support. Questions here that ask for technical support may be closed quickly, and are unlikely to receive answers. Instead of asking here, try these places:
- Super User
- Reddit's /r/techsupport
- PC Advisor forums
- Official support forums for Apple and Microsoft
If you're building a custom PC and you need some help with specifying it, we can help for recommendations of single, specific components - if you're looking for more general help or advice, Reddit's /r/pcmasterrace or /r/buildapc are better places to go.
This site is here to help with these types of questions.
Find out more about…
- What topics can I ask about here?
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- How to Ask Questions in Private Beta
- What should I do when someone answers my question?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I find topics I'm interested in?
- The Community user deleted my question! What gives?
- What does "beta" mean?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- What is a bounty? How can I start one?
- What are DMCA Takedowns and why was my contribution removed?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- How to reference material written by others
- Can I answer my own question?
- Why and how are some answers deleted?
- I accidentally created two accounts; how do I merge them?
- How do I add or remove login credentials from my account?
- I lost my password; how do I reset it?
- How do I delete my account?
- What is the license for the content I post?