I am looking for portable or medium-sized scanner which can take around 20-30 pages at the same time, scan them and convert into PDF format (compatible with OS X).
Usually scanners having Duplex Automatic Document feeders are available in large copy machines.
Some time ago I've bought Canon P-150M Portable Scanner which could do that, but the document feeder wasn't very good and software was too slow. The main problem was that the paper usually got stuck (more sheets then more chances to happen) and I had to start the scanning each time from the beginning, and sometimes the scanned pages were crooked.
Are there any scanners which can scan A4 pages more efficiently and reliably as described above?
So the basic criteria are:
- it can either with printer or without,
- A4 (with possibility of smaller sizes),
- duplex automatic document feeder (DADF) with capacity of at least 20-30 pages,
- driver (eventually software) compatible with OS X (and eventually Linux),
- doesn't crook the scanned pages,
- it's not so expensive
- not too big (desktop size, not as big as a copy machine)