I am currently looking at buying a HP Zbook Studio with an Intel Core i7-6820HQ, and I am looking at buying RAM separately. The best option on the HP website is 32 GB 2133 DDR4 SDRAM (2 DIMM) (probably CL15). Let's assume that price is irrelevant.
I was looking at this option: Vengeance Series 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM 2666MHz CL18 .
My questions are:
- Is this memory compatible with the ZBook?
- Will this memory run at 2666MHz or will the computer/cpu limits its use at 2133Mhz?
- What will bring me more performances: the 2666Mhz CL18 or the 2133Mhz CL15?
- How big the performance difference will be?
- What will be the impact of 2666Mhz CL18 compared to the 2133Mhz CL15 in terms of energy consumption?