I already do some research but just want to make sure so that I can make the right choice of buying a good and compatible RAM for my budget.
My laptop specification:
- HP Model 14-ck0004TX
- Intel Core i3-7020U @2.30 GHz
- Mainboard Model 849B (I assume this is the motherboard model?)
- SK Hynix 4GB 1Rx16 PC4-2400T-SCO-11 HMA851S6AFR6N-UH NO AC (it's a SODIMM single-rank)
So, what I want to do is buying 2 dual-channel DRAM (V-Gen DDR4 4GB 17000/2133MHz SODIMM Platinum). Reason:
- On Intel website for product specifications, it says that the processor "Max # of Memory Channels" is 2 so I assume it can support dual-channel RAM and I guess it's better to go for it than single-channel RAM
- Supported memory type is DDR4-2133
At first I thought about buying a 2400MHz RAM since I thought my Hynix is 2400MHz as labeled. I do search about this on some articles said that it better be the same although little difference would still be fine. Then, in CPU-Z it shows "DDR4-2400 (1200MHz)". So, I'm not really sure which one to pick.
Is it fine or am I missing something? Any ideas please?