For questions related to hardware that is very quiet or makes existing hardware quieter. Use the [silent] tag if absolute silence, not just quietness, is the question's focus.
Use this tag for questions where low noise is a focus: questions asking for hardware parts that must be near-silent, or for hardware parts specifically designed to reduce noise (e.g. sound dampeners for a computer case).
- Silent PC Review has a wealth of information about building quiet computers, including both general guides and reviews of specific parts.
- General advice: What is a silent computer?; Introduction to recommended/silent components; list of introductory articles; list of silent PC building guides
- case: list of articles about cases and damping; Case basics and recommendations
- cooling: Anatomy of the silent fan; Recommended fans; list of articles about fans
- heat-sink: Recommended heatsinks
- power-supply: list of articles about power supplies; Power supply fundamentals; Power supply recommendations
- graphics-cards: list of articles about graphics cards
- hard-disk: list of articles about storage; Recommended hard drives