Okay, we found an extra HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Gigabit Server Adapter (468332-B21) at a site and I got it put into an HP Proliant server and it sees it, loaded drivers, etc.
I read over the QuickSpecs and according to this, it seems you have to use either an SFP DAC cable or get a fiber optics SFP GBIC module and I cannot find anything about any copper SFP GBIC modules to use for a transceiver.
Question: Does anyone have any recommendations on any verified and confirmed compatible GBIC adapters that work with this card that is copper and either 1 GbE or 10 GbE that gives just an Ethernet port to plug in an Ethernet cable?
- It's for an older HP Proliant DL380 G7 with over 100 GB of RAM.
- The OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Device Manager already recognizes the card with drivers, etc. loaded.
- There is no switch at this site that will use a DAC cable on the other end
- There is no switch at this site that can connect fiber optic.
- This site has one managed and one unmanaged 1 GbE Ethernet switches but neither of those have any GBIC type connection.