I'm thinking about the HW for my new Linux developer computer. The only unclear part is the graphic card as I need it
- to support three monitors, each having
- 2560 x 1600 pixels
- and only DualLink DVI connectors
- be low profile
As noted in a comment, the CPU supports three monitors. However, I want a small computer and this requires a small main board and no such main board has three video connectors.
It should run smoothly for working and occasionally watching video, no gaming.
Probably related details:
- CPU Intel Core i7-7700K
- Ubuntu 18.04
Currently considered graphic cards:
- Sapphire R5 230 2GB DDR3 (low end AMD, preferred because of bad nVidia Linux compatibility)
- MSI GeForce GT 1030 2G LP OC, 2GB GDDR5 (assuming it can be used together with the on board graphic)
- PALiT GeForce GT 1030, 2GB GDDR5