I am a software developer, who's Core I7 laptop suddenly died, and I urgently need a replacement.
- screen, at least 17" (I like to view code & documentation side by side)
- Core i7, or better (despite the following, I do need a reasonable response speed)
- I do not need fancy graphics; I don't do image manipulation or on-line gaming
- minimum 16gB RAM, but I would love 32gB if it didn't add too much $$$
- I don't care about battery life, as it is tethered 99% of the time
- low spec on hard drive is fine, as I can provide my own 2tB drive & 1tB SSD from the one that just died
- unless the main HD is > 2gB
- slight presence for UK keyboard, although I am equally at home with German and US keyboards (in the worst case, I can replace and/or stick on new keycaps (I have done this before :-))
The main criterion is price (I am currently on contract in the UK, although that might change again soon). I can wait a few days for shipping, but the laptop is my breadwinner, actual "shipping by ship", just to save a few bucks, is out of the question.