I have a 4k monitor that has HDMI and display port. The problem is that it is HDMI 1.4 and is only able to display 4k content at 30Hz. For me that is unacceptable. Over display port, 4k is displayed at 60Hz which delivers a far better experience.
I want to use this monitor as a TV and need a player that plays 4k content at 60Hz and has display port. Also a digital audio output would be a pre.
My preference is a single device with a remote control. But any alternative is welcome, including building something my own. However consider the following:
- It has to be silent (no annoying fans)
- Starts up quickly and is instantly available as media player
- Software should be easy to use
- It is controllable with a remote control
- The price is like, say an Apple TV 4k (a bit more is acceptable)
Any advice is welcome too, except buying a new monitor ;-)