I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ41. You can see images I took online, but to summarize:
I want to take / took images of
- Animals: Super hard at the moment, many of my images are blurry.
- City Tourism
What is important to me
- Sharp images: Especially for animal images, I had to throw away a lot.
- Size: Not too bulky - it should fit in the side bag of my Deuter Air Contact 55+10 (like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40); I don't care about weight
- Colors: Some of my landscape images grayish
- Grip: I want to be able to make selfies with it
- On/off: Similar to the grip one - I don't want to accidentially turn it on / off.
- Price should at maximum be 700 EUR. Rather something like 500 EUR, but more than 300 EUR is fine.
- Battery life: I want to be able to have the camera with me for a day with one battery. So I guess something like 150 shots should easily be possible.
- GPS: I like when my images are geo-tagged.
- Panorama: Either it should be very good or I don't need it. The Panorama function of the TZ41 is not worth it. I have a smartphone (Samsung S7) as well.
What is not important
- Touch screen
From my initial research, I have the impression the following cameras could fit my need:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ100
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 IV
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III
- G7 X Mark II
Please note that I don't want to exclude other cameras; it's just what I found so far.
I am, however, not sure which one would be best and if the improvement is that much compared to my current Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ41. What did change to the TZ100? What should I look for?