I have to buy a NAS storage, with a set of simultaneous opposite requirements. In particular, high speed, lots of space and small budget.
Can I do something like:
- Use a NAS with four bays, two for large HDD, and two for fast SSD.
- Set up a RAID just for the two HDD.
- Set up a separate RAID just for the two SSD (if needed).
Is this a feasible configuration?
Can I buy a single NAS solution to be used for both high performance and large data storage?
These are a few numbers to quantify my requirements:
- NAS: 4 bays, 10 Gb Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3.
- HDD: 2, 10 TB each, 7200 rpm, SATA.
- SSD: 2, 1 TB each, SATA.
The drives are going to be purchased separately from the NAS.
Purpose: store and read video from multiple cameras in real-time.