My notebook stopped working and, seen that I mainly use it as a desktop computer, I'd rather buy a desktop computer this time.
This leaves me with the need to buy a tablet, that will be used for the following tasks:
- Reading PDF files. The task involves continuonusly switching between different pages (views) and files, without hyperlinks.
- Showing pictures to people.
- Browsing the Internet, in wi-fi covered areas (and possibly on a stand). Mom will probably browse recipes while cooking, I hope she won't smear the poor thing with food.
- Writing in sites like this one.
- Use my desktop PC through some app.
The only one that is really necessary is the first one, most others I can do at the desktop PC if necessary. As a consequence, I have been suggested to aim for at least 10" and good resolution. Note how I don't need a camera or phone connectivity and I don't care much about weight or to how the device looks.
I would like to spend as low as I can without sacrificing durability.
The device will be used at home mainly, so a battery that does not degrade over time is better than a battery that lasts a lot for each single charge (and then, power banks to the rescue if it needs be).
The item must be available for sale via Internet, from a reliable supplier (I consider Amazon to be reliable).
Feel free to ask me for more details if needed.