Are there "cables" that are just 2 bluetooth dongles that will interact with each other? I am looking for one for a custom mechanical keyboard. USB type c would be the best, but I think anything would do. Thanks!
You can obviously buy 2 USB bluetooth 4 le dongles.
- Gets power and CPU from the computer
- Gets power from batteries, but you need some kind of CPU.
Designing your own and getting it produced will take a lot of effort and money to get a company to agree to produce said circuit.
From the needlessly overpowered but easy solution department.
The Raspberry PI 2 (add bluetooth dongle) or 3 (built-in bluetooth)
- Hook up a BIG battery
- Hook the keys in the typical 11x11 or 12x12 fashion to the GPIO pins
- Write some code to do the translations and connect using the standard built-in bluetooth tools. In python should be very simple.
- Under clock it to the max possible and disable as much as possible to increase a pitiful battery life to a usable one.