I did some digging around that topic, but can't really find straight forward answer for this question. My background: I'm going to spend some time in hotel. I would like to hook up to hotel's wi fi with some kind of device (so WAN over wi fi) and create separate network just for myself in the room, available over wi fi as well.

Is there any device which could do this? I've read about bridges and access points, however I'm still not sure if they will do the trick.

  • Here is a similar question that may be helpful
    – timuzhti
    Commented Nov 5, 2017 at 4:44
  • @Alpha3031 correct me if I'm wrong. Network extender will need cable in order to get WAN, to create what I want I need wifi as wan?
    – iie
    Commented Nov 6, 2017 at 20:47
  • No, network extenders will work fine. WiFi-as-WAN devices do the same thing, but usually also happen to have a full featured router attached, with all the other WAN bits as well.
    – timuzhti
    Commented Nov 7, 2017 at 0:04


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.