I am looking for a device half laptop, half all-in-one, half barebone, to adjust the price to my exact needs. You can see it as either:
- Non-touchscreen, non-iOS/Android, long-hours directly chargable tablet with some adjustable stand
- Non-touchscreen, <21", portable all-in-one
- Laptop without a keyboard
Do you know if I can find something in 2015 close to this specs? What I am searching is an:
- All-In-One (Screen with an internal computer), crafted with portability in mind, preferredly
- Good display: I am going to use it for developing long hours, and I have some eyesight problems. 15"-17" would be perfect, Ergonomics are important so I'd expect an adjustable stand (or a third-party compatible base) to make it perpendicular to my body when placed over the table
- Good performance: an i5 at least, not ridicule RAM and an SSD is a must (128Gb at least)
The thing is I wanted it as minimal/barebone as possible, I don't need:
- Powerful graphic card: I am not a graphic designer nor 3D renderer
- OS nor Bloatware: Just like barebone NUCs, I'll install Ubuntu myself
- Keyboard nor mouse (I'll buy some ergonomical on my own)
- fancy sound output (I would even rennounce to it)
- SD Cards, ID readers, fingerprints and so on...
I have a large desktop media center for all those fancy media uses.
Just a screen-pc with a bunch of USB 3.0 ports and a Wi-Fi. That should allow me to get a good deal with acceptable horsepower, if it existed.
Thank you for assisting me and pointing to any brand or model! :)