Long story short, I'm looking to buy a new feature phone/dumbphone, possibly within the next 12 months. However, I'm finding it difficult to find a dumbphone with my list of preferences:
- Price under $100 AUD.
- Must be strong/durable, and able to keep working for a long time (i.e. it's feasible to see it still holding together and functional up to 10 years from now, even if this includes battery changes when the old battery stops holding a charge).
- Good battery life.
- Telstra specific or network-unlocked, and must be able to work on Australian 3G network or higher.
Bonus points for:
- Price under $50 AUD.
- Having a waterproof or water-resistant design.
- Handling being left outside overnight.
- Being a more recent model (i.e. the more recent the model, the better, but "old" models are still fine if they match the other criteria).
Must not only be able to work on 2g network, as 2g is being retired by Telstra in late 2016.
Any form factor (e.g. candybar, clamshell/flip-phone, slide-out keyboard, etc.) is acceptable.
Any good recommendations out there? Even a recommendation which meets most of the preferences, but not quite all? From your recommendation, please state if it doesn't meet any particular preference(s), and/or has additional features not stated.