My subdivision is tired of speeders on our street. I would like to setup a camera outside of my house to catch some of the repeat offenders, every house on the street has small children, and its a very unsafe situation. This is something I'm doing on my own and without pay.
I need a single camera, or maybe two cameras depending on the PTZ features, I would like for them to run on MotionEyeOS on raspberry pi, but doesn't have to. If a camera is ethernet or wifi enabled, and has all the software to be setup already installed on it, thats fine.
- Clear picture at 100m or 300ish feet.
- No additional hardware required, except a router and maybe a raspberry pi.
- Outdoor rated
- SOME Optical Zoom, have to be able to grab license plates after all.
- Pan Tilt Zoom
- Able to record speed by any means.
- As cheap as possible, lets use <100$ as a starting point.
- Cloud uploads (Dropbox, amazon cloud) features would REALLY be nice.
I was initially planing on using my raspberry pi 3, running motioneyeOS so I could live stream the video... However, if a camera is IP via Ethernet or wifi, and doesn't require another device hooked into it, that works for me. What I want to avoid is having the camera connected to a computer (other than the pi) or a traditional DVR.