Im looking for a laptop as a mostly backend developer. i did some research but there is a few gaps in my knowledge.
- price €1000 - 1500
- Super fast processor, needs to run console applications + web + Visual studio/Rider and VS code.
- Screen of +1080p * 16gb+ memory, (for all the docker containers). (Will DDR4 Bring performance?)
- SSD only (258GB is enough)
- Graphics cards only if needed to render visual studio/Rider, otherwise rather use Intel Grapics.
- Windows does not need to be installed. (Rather without, i'll probably run on linux)
- its light, so i can take it anywhere.
For processors i ended up with:
- Ci7-7700HQ (10% faster)
They are both quad and 8 threads (great for running these multiple applications).
- MSI GP62M 7RD-014NL (Leopard) €1200
- HP 15-ax235nd (Omen) €1400
But my problem is that all these laptops are build and promoted as gaming laptops. I'm looking for a work laptop which i can take anywhere and doesn't really look like a gaming laptop.
All i'm looking for is fast processor, ssd and memory. Are there laptops specifically build for this?