I recently bought the Galaxy Tab S2, 9.7" (T813; Android Marshmallow) thinking I could simultaneously charge it and read files from a standard USB drive using a cable such as one found here.
However, once I got my tablet and went to buy the above cable, I saw in the comments that it does not charge the tablet (the female micro USB extension must just read micro USB drives). I've looked at countless cables like the one above, and all of them say the same thing in the comments - they do not charge the tablet (parent device).
For work, I keep my files on a standard USB, as I use multiple devices on a given day and need to be able to access my files on all of them (cloud isn't an option for me for various reasons, so please do not recommend that as a solution). Thus, there will be instances where I'll need to charge my tablet and simultaneously read files from a USB drive.
Basically, I need a cord that looks exactly like the one at the above link, but where the female micro USB port actually charges the tablet (parent device) when the micro USB charging cable is plugged into it (and obviously the female standard USB reads files from my USB drive).
Does anyone know of a cable that achieves these two things?
I've already explored this issue via:
- Samsung customer service (multiple times to see if I could get different answers)
- Samsung community forum (no responses to-date)
- Reading Amazon product descriptions and reviews
- Asking other Amazon customers (no knowledge of such a product)
- Asking Best Buy employees (didn't know cables wouldn't charge)
- Internet searches
- Facebook crowdsourcing (no responses)
- Asking a family member who works in IT (not aware of any such product)
- Android Enthusiasts StackExchange (question on hold as possibly irrelevant on that forum; recommended I try here)
After all of this, I've come up with nothing and am running out of resources. Please help (begging/desperate/etc.). I need to figure out if this tablet will work for me or if I need to return it.