My laptop recently broke. Now I need to buy a new one before Christmas ends or more preferably before the end of next week.
My requirements and hopes:
- 8GB OF RAM upgradable to 16
HARD DRIVE AND OPTICAL DISK:
- 1TB HDD 5400RPM - Any read+write ODD
- AN I7 new gen; 5th-7th
- A 2.1 - 3.0 GHZ CLOCK 4 CORES
SCREEN & GPU/APU/IPU:
- Either AMD (4GB) or an IPU
COMPANY + OTHER
- 500 - 750 / 650 - 750 US DOLLARS
I have found the following:
CPU : I7 (2.50GHZ, 6THGEN, DUAL)
SCRN : TOUCH 1080P FHD 15.6"
RAM : 8GB DDR3L (UP TO 16) 1600
HDD : 1TB 5400RPM SATA
ODD : DVD±R/RW
GPU : 4GB AMD RADEON R5M335
MDL : DELL INSPIRON 15 5559
My only problem is that this is dual core. My last laptop was 4 core which I thought was low but then adjusted to, got hot a lot.
- Compile + edit with Maven. I have a near 300MB project so the PC got heated when I compiled.
- Play and run a minecraft server (same time). It has about 3 players on most of the time; but can go up to six (obviously more if I wanted)
- Play TF2.
- Video edit in Sony Vegas
- Run Adobe Photoshop, both CS2 and the connected CC
- Do a lot of homework (shouldn't be hard)
- Run discord and Skype almost all the time
- Occasionally Run Virtual Machines (XP,98,3.1,DOS 7.1)
- Run dual boot (Ubuntu,Steam OS etc as well as Hackintosh (barely))
- Download huge files (4-10GB) via Ethernet.
Will all of these tasks run smoothly in a dual core build? If not, are there any better dell inspiron laptops that will suit my needs?