I'd like to know if anyone knows of a decent, internet-connected alarm and access control system with modern software, possibly cloud-based or hybrid (on-site controller but it in turn talks to the cloud).
- good-looking and easy to use client software, web-based if possible
- excellent security and frequent updates, no backdoors nor hardcoded passwords
- works over IP and the Internet
- remote or cloud-based management
- motion-triggered alarm
- access control based on secure keycards (Mifare DESFire or equivalent crypto)
- should scale to hundreds of doors locks and motion sensors
- should not be like designed by idiots like some alarm systems currently in use
Price isn't an issue, I'm happy to pay good money for a reliable and future-proof system.