I am going to be building a computer for a college student. He is going into general engineering while he figures out exactly what he wants to do. The budget for this computer is about $1500 USD (just for the tower). This computer will be running Windows 10. He will be using this computer for school work and for gaming. All the components that I(read: we) have picked out for this computer need a place that they can call home.
I am looking for a computer case that fits the requirments:
- no smaller than an ATX-Mid case
- can support all picked out parts (listed and linked below)
- easy to work with, meaning no strange support bars, opens up fairly well, and drive bays are organized.
- have adequate air cooling capabilities for gaming and rendering
- at least 2 front USB ports
- at least one 5.25 drive bay in case he wants a CD drive.
- easy to move. Anything like handles that help move a tower around.
- bottom mounted PSU that allows the fan to be facing downward
- at least one of those USB ports being USB 3.0
The parts I have picked out are: ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer motherboard, Cooler Master Hyper 12 EVO heatsink, EVGA GTX 980 graphics card, and the Corsair AX760 power supply. I will also be getting two 3.5" HDDs and one 2.5" SSD.