I'm looking for a prosumer FDM 3D printer. I have the following requirements, in order of importance:
- 2+ printing nozzles
- <= 40 micron layer height.
- Capable of printing in all commonly available plastics & support materials, e.g. PLA, ABS, PVA, HIPS, Laywood, TPU etcetera.
- Capable of printing high-temperature materials such as Polycarbonate, PET & Nylon
- Not dependent on proprietary consumables supplies - able to use generic 1.75 or 3mm filament.
- Large print volume - 200mm+ in at least one dimension.
- Capable of running from an Australian 240V power socket.
- Enclosed cabinet.
- Capable of operation with open-source software.
- Low cost:- must be below $10,000 AUD, preferably below $5,000 AUD.
- Australian supplier.
I'm aware that there is probably no machine that meets all these criteria, so preference will be given to recommendations that address the criteria in top-to-bottom order.