I recently bought an 15" MacBook Pro w/ Retina (with student discount and no sales tax) for $2300. Considering I got a pair of Beats headphones too which I plan on selling, I figure my total cost was $2200 for this machine.
What is a Windows-based laptop which is comparable to this? The easy-to-measure things:
- 15" Retina-quality screen (better than 1900x1200 resolution)
- 512GB SSD (or higher)
- 16GB RAM (or higher)
- Dedicated graphics card that is comparable/better
- Comparable battery life (rMBP estimate is 9 hours with normal use)
- Roughly same weight or less (4.5 pounds)
I am also wanting the following, less easy to measure things (or less important things):
- Similar build quality, the aluminum case is nice (I do not like plastic cases generally)
- Trackpad quality that is comparable
- Backlit keyboard
Ideally the pricepoint is less than $2200 for educational pricing.