I am looking for an action camera that has the following features:
- GPS built in
- All metadata (mainly GPS) needs to be accessible via an API. I need to be able to pull this metadata for any point in a video.
- At least 1080p video; the faster the framerate the better
- Needs to be mountable (I am planning on attaching this to a drone or gimbal with GoPro mounts)
- Still photos are a plus, but not required.
- Does not need an LCD
- Does not need to be waterproof
My budget for this is approximately $450.
Access to the metadata does not need to be possible while it is recording. I need to be able to access it when I am processing a video file so that I can pin point a video's recorded location on a map, or map out a route the device took on a map. This will all be done post processing.
This is similar to a previous Action Camera question, but not exact. The main differences are the need for the built in GPS/metadata access and higher budget.