I'm currently searching for a smaller and simpler Highdpi TV-Solution for my console and microconsole devices. The general idea is that I want a monitor with the display quality (and maybe mobility?) of a modern tablet to connect current-gen and last-gen consoles to it (PS3, PS4, Shield Console etc.).
The requirements would be as follows:
- Resolution of min. 720p, better yet 1080p
- Monitor should be between 9" and 12", the absolute maximum would be 13"
- Panel refresh at min. 50hz, supported by the connection
- IPS or similar quality panel
- Direct HDMI-Input, no streaming, no 30hz-converters, none of my video sources have USB-C or Thunderbolt, nor will they likely gain that in the future
- Has a case or case purchasable/creatable for the panel, no naked panel
- Should not be exclusive to one console like the panels that mount on top of the PS4
- Price point is around 300€ in my mind, although I will take a look at more expensive solutions if they have advantages
- Good quality, please no Alibaba-links
I already looked around but mostly found industry strength displays for embedded factories or USB-Solutions with their own graphic cards included. I would totally be open to just buying a good tablet with HDMI-In as a display mode, although I have never heard of one having that.
Thank you for all your help!