I am trying to create a NAS but I want to run my own software on it. I want to be able to download data around 20MB/s over WiFi from the system.
I used a raspi and created a prototype, but as it uses a single bus it is not able to transfer data from the HDD to the user at the rates I am talking about. Anybody know any build that suits this? Looking for suggestions.
- Budget – around USD 300 - 400
- Size requirements – as small as possible
- Operating conditions – Will be deployed in my van: take impacts into consideration, I am planning to devise a case that can solve this issue. Needs heat dissipation solution as my van is not air conditioned.
- Desired software you want to run on it – web server running on Node.JS
- Storage media – 2TB HDD (as of now I use a 1TB external)
- Power solution – need a powerbackup that can last for one hour
- I need good network adapters and USB ports that won't hinder my data streaming.
- Dust proof as I am installing this in India where dust and temperature are a common phenomena
- I don't need a screen.
I want the case to be smaller in size, I am willing to fabricate one myself if its needed to address my needs.