I am completely new to building PCs and I have had friends recommending me to build one instead of buy one. I did a little research but I found it extremely difficult to understand each component. So I found a PC build that someone recommended me for a $600-$650 CAD budget. Here are the specs:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
- Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
- Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 260X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
- Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case ($32.79 @ DirectCanada)
- Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer
The total amount $609.56 CAD.
I was trying to search the proper Stack Overflow website for PC Build Advice and was told that HardwareRecs is my best bet. If not, then are there any other sites on Stack Exchange that offer PC Build advice?
Anyways, here are my questions regarding my build.
- Will my build be capable of editing and rendering Sony Vegas videos fast?
- What about multi-tasking? Will I still be able to play a few Flash browser games and cheap downloadable client games effectively even with opening multiple clients/browsers?
- Are there any bottleneck or compatibility issues with this build?