So far, it appears the only thing I can get if I want a device that's even remotely modern is the Blackberry Priv, but I could be wrong, hence the question.
My hard requirements (it's a dealbreaker without them):
- The keyboard, as mentioned in the topic.
- Decent app ecosystem (this eliminates all other BB devices)
- OS that still gets security updates
- Good performance (the UI should not hitch and stutter under daily use)
- Supported on the Verizon network
Secondary concerns (nice to haves):
- Can be rooted/jailbroken
- At least a 1080p screen
- Battery life should last a full day under light use
- OS still gets feature updates
Price no object; nearly any phone can be had via carrier discounts or secondhand.