Broadly speaking I am looking for a very mobile fully featured desktop replacement laptop.
I currently have Sony Vaio VPCZ138GG (13 inch Full HD screen, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GT 330M, DVD Drive, Win 7 Pro, 3hr battery) purchased in 2010.
I have been overall very happy with the purchase in terms of specs, weight, and features. IMO everything aged fairly well (except GFX, as you would expect).
Over the past few years I have been keeping an eye out on a replacement option but have found nothing that ticks all the boxes and today I accidentally dropped my laptop and broke the screen so a replacement is needed.
The laptop goes where I go and is used for database and front end development during the day and occasional gaming session in the evening.
Must have features:
- Display: Full HD or higher, that is useable in sunlight
- CPU: "powerful" I5 / I7 (ideally not ULV)
- RAM: 8GB - 16GB
- HDD: 512GB SSD
- Weight: under 1.8kg (with battery)
- Dedicated GFX: something that would manage most games on medium settings
- Ports: 3 x USB, mic, headphone, HDMI, Ethernet (RJ-45), (the more the better)
- Support for 2 or more external monitors.
- Build / Finish: looking for a high quality "professional" / "business" look.
- Ability to run Windows (7 Pro ideally)
Optional (in order of priority):
- Built in mobile internet (keep in mind that it has to work in Australia)
- Replaceable battery
- 2 in 1 mode (similar to Lenovo Yoga) where it can be converted into a tablet.
- Availability of a Docking station
- Light weight Power Brick
- Long battery life
- Built in optical drive
- Built in card reader
Price: unlimited (ball park figure: up to around 4,500AUD ~ 3,500US)
I have investigated Clevo (with Metabox budge) and while specs are fantastic the weight and "look" are a bit underwhelming.
Can someone recommend a laptop that fits most of the specs?