I'm looking at getting a new smartphone, as my old one (a Sony Xperia E) has reached the end of its life. There are a few things it has to have:
- not an iPhone - I have a personal hatred for the things (not through use, simply on principle)
- enough RAM to play games with (I found the Xperia E, at its nominal 500MB, was too slow)
- display resolution not below 200 ppi
- all the standard communications stuff: texts, calls, and internet (plus their apps pre-installed)
- a camera
- absolute maximum £400 ($614.42)
- fits in a pocket (I find that means < 6.0" total size)
- decent screen size (>= 4.5")
And there are some things it would be nice to have, but I'd settle for something less.
- the ability to create a portable hotspot
- a decent camera, i.e. > 8MP
- an SD card slot (no preferences on SD type)
- the cheaper the better
I imagine there is a phone that satisfies all this; what do you recommend? Please include your reasoning in your answer, and any experiences you have of the phone you're recommending.