I am looking to replace my old, loud, and slow garage door opener. Since I have to do this soon anyway, why don't I buy one that makes my life easier.
- Must be able to be controlled from a smartphone (supporting Android and iOS)
- Must remember if it is open or closed and convey that through the phone
- Must be able to lift a double wide door (current one is 1/2 HP and lifts it in ~12 seconds)
- The quieter the better
Nice to haves
- Quicker than current door
- Can open or close if left in half open position (at least from phone)
I have found the LiftMaster 8550W that looks like it fits my requirements. Does anyone have any experience with either this opener or brand?