I'm looking to buy a keyboard. My main activities are typing text and programming, not gaming.
- Basic 105-key layout. Either UK or French will do. A US keyboard is no good because it has one less key on the main pad.
- Available for purchase in the EU. That should follow from the layout anyway.
- Quiet. It doesn't have to be absolutely silent, but I derive no satisfaction from hearing the click of a keyboard, only annoyance. Keyboards should be felt, not heard.
- Agreeable for typing. I don't know how to describe this in technical terms. Unfortunately, where I live, very few shops have a selection of non-gamer keyboards to try out.
- Extra “multimedia” keys. Ideally, with some keys to the left of the main pad. (I wish the standard layout of keyboards wasn't so imbalanced with the right hand doing everything outside the main pad!)
- Available in white. When the sun shines on it, it does make a difference.
Do not care:
- Price isn't an object if the object is durable.
Do not want:
- Fancy blinkenlights and other gamerz stuff. Keyboard should be felt, not seen.
- Fancy ergonomic layouts. I'm not good at switching between keyboard shapes and I need to stay used to mainstream keyboards.
- Flat keyboards without any touch feedback.