I am going to be building a computer for a college student. He is going into general engineering while he figures out exactly what he wants to do. The budget for this computer is about $1500 USD (just for the tower). This computer will be running Windows 10. He will be using this computer for school work and for gaming. Since this is the first question, I will be asking about the motherboard.
- 4 slots of DDR4 RAM
- At least 4 SATA 6Gb/s ports
- At least 2 PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots
- Can support at least 1 front USB 3.0 port
- At least 2 back panel USB 3.0 ports
- At least 6 back panel USB ports (includes USB 3.0 above)
- One Gigabit LAN port
- UEFI BIOS
- Integrated graphics
- Integrated WiFi/Bluetooth
As this is a new build, the processor is not set in stone.