A small business I do work for does a lot of paper shredding. Currently, each employee has their own personal shredder near their desk. The employees and owners have complained that the shredding is time consuming. They need to feed the paper - usually 3-4 sheets at time - into the shredder, wait for it to complete and then repeat. Each time they start shredding, they have a stack of paper much larger than 3-4 sheets, so it takes time for this process to complete.
The owners would like to replace the individual shredders with one or two office shredders. The idea is that users will be able to drop a stack of 100-200 sheets into a feeding tray and the shredder will ingest them automatically. The user will not have to sit and baby sit the machine during a shredding cycle.
- Should be able to handle 100 sheets of paper at a time
- Should have a large enough bin to collect more than one full batch of 100 shredded papers (this way the next user doesn't have to empty the container first)
- Should slice the paper into small diamonds, not single long strands of paper
- Shredder to be able to be fitted with a plastic garbage bag, but also needs to be easily emptied if such a bag isn't fitted
- Should be durable. There will be at least 4,000 sheets of paper shredded per work week