I am looking for mini PC with fairly similar in size (~5x20x20cm) which can outperform a Mini Mac. The size doesn't matter as long it's not too heavy or big and it can be easily moved between home and work on daily basis in a bag and it's easily to use (simple design with not too many cables).
It can be less expensive, but my focus is overall performance power to do LAMP development work. Currently I'm using Retina MacBook Pro which basically crashes quite often when too much stuff is run at the same time. So I'm basically checking what are the alternatives on the market.
So basically it should meet the basic criteria:
- CPU clock: at least 2.0GHz per core (dual/quad-core minimum),
- storage support for at least 1TB (unless it's SSD),
- memory at least 8GB RAM DDR3,
- HDMI or similar to connect at least 2 external monitors,
- HD Graphics: not important as far it doesn't run slow while playing some videos,
- standard features: Wi-Fi, USB, etc.
I've found so far Intel NUC Barebones Mini PC, but it has only 1.3GHz per core (dual-core) as most of the mini PC which I've found.
Are there any Mini PC monsters on the market?