I am looking for any consumer-audio (1/4 or 1/8 inch, mono or stereo) 3-way cable that could be described as a 'T' splitter rather than a 'Y' splitter. The intended use is to be able chain multiple 'T' splitters on top of each other without putting extra physical strain on the cable portion (rather than the metal connector).

I did not find such a cable in my searches and wonder if anyone else has come across one.

T splitter example

  • So you're essentially looking for a Y splitter that has an "extension" channel and a "branch" channel rather than two "branch" channels? At least that's how it makes sense to me.
    – Adam
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 21:38

1 Answer 1


You might be able to use something these, feedthru RCA adapters with a side connector:



Daisy chain the barrels and add extension cables from the side connectors.

  • Note that these are RCA adapters. You'll need an adapter plug or two to use them with standard 1/4" or 1/8" headphone/speaker jacks.
    – Mark
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 10:46
  • Thanks for the suggestion. This is better than what I found, and not unusable, but also not ideal for my use case, as it is FM-F rather than FM-M and RCA is a bit awkward. If all else fails I guess I will use those adapters and combine them with some other adapters.
    – asdf
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 14:42
  • I have not seen such a thing for mini plug connectors. What is the signal freq. range? Signal level?
    – user3169
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 17:55
  • Line level audio
    – asdf
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 20:02
  • Then I would use individual L/R cabling, if it is not too cumbersome. It really depends on the physical requirements since you are worried about cable strain.
    – user3169
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 22:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.