I am looking for pocket-size scanner to scan the receipts. By receipts I mean these which are printed on thermochromic paper rolls on point-of-sale places.
I understand you can use smart phone plus some apps, but here are the main disadvantages which I've found:
- some point-of-sale receipts are too long to take a picture of it,
- it's difficult to find the right angle (especially when you're on the go whole day),
- it takes too much time of readjusting the camera to catch the focus and not to crop anything,
- default lossy compression format (designed for pictures) gives later trouble for OCR,
- scanned receipts are crooked and creased (not flatten),
- at the end of the day it's difficult to separate receipts from the pictures (I know there are some useful apps for that such as Expensify or Evernote, but I didn't find them so convenient, plus what was already said above),
- and so on.
Therefore I am looking for a device which is specially designed for that job to make it this task very simple. Especially on the move, so I could throw away the receipt after successful scan. Otherwise text printed on thermochromic paper is very unstable and it's easily get lost (especially some small text such as dates).