I have a Bluetooth Bluetake BT500 mouse and one of the buttons is going (the left one of course), the case has some wear, and I'd like a comparable replacement. It seems that the mouse is no longer in production, and I can't find a comparable replacement. This mouse was a good match for a UMPC, so we're talking technology from almost 10 years ago.
My current mouse still mostly works, but if I can't repair the left mouse button switch, I'll need a replacement.
Is there a comparably small and well built Bluetooth mouse suitable to be a UMPC/Netbook/Tablet companion?
Things I like(d) about the mouse:
- Easy to pair
- Fit in a tacklebox (This happened to be dumb luck. I often store gadgets in tackleboxes to secure them in transit)
- used AAA batteries (standard batteries)
Things I dislike(d) about the mouse:
- Used AAA batteries (I had to carry extra batteries)
- the battery cover latch got bent once and I could never get it quite right. It was a hard plastic and I was worried about breaking it
- the left mouse button started to go flaky after a few months to a year of use
New features that I might like to see
- built in rechargeable battery
- built in battery can be swapped out for standard and/or replacement battery
- above battery would use a USB cable and also double as USB HID mouse
- comes with case
- especially durable
- presentation features (laser, forward, back, etc)
- not expensive (< $50)