All the LED lamps that are available locally have noticeable flicker, and I have the same problem with the lamps that I've ordered online. Is there any device that could phase-shift 220 V 50 Hz AC home electricity so that I could run two LED bulbs out of phase from each other?

I have read that stadium lighting uses three 120-degree phases to handle flicker. I would thus prefer such a system for my LED lamps, but if a device with two 180-degrees phasing exists I would be happy with that as well.

  • A frequency doubler is a fairly straightforward electronic circuit, but I'm not aware of anyone who makes one for consumer use. – Mark Mar 3 '16 at 3:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.