So I'm looking for a computer to learn game development on, that should cover the following bases:
- Have either a 15.6 or 17.3" screen (not sure which would be better for me, but no less than 15.6")
- Have a decent GPU (most likely GTX 960m)
- Have a decent CPU (prob. 5th/6th gen intel i7, most I looked at had the 6700HQ)
- Have either 16GB ram or 8GB with the option of upgrading to 16GB
- Have an IPS panel
- either good battery life or some way to charge without a wall socket e.g. USB 3.1 with reversible power.
- not be incredibly expensive (800-1k$)
(I'm willing to compromise on a count or two if it's a better choice overall)
after a lot of searching I actually found a few that covered my bases, except the last one (battery life). since by definition powerful laptops require more power, most of the rigs I looked at didn't have amazing battery time. knowing this I looked for ones with USB 3.1-C ports thinking I could charge them via power bank. but after settling on the ASUS GL552VW/GL752VW, I found out that it does NOT support the PD 2.0 standard meaning it's useless for charging and I would be limited to the lackluster ~4hr battery.
So, that being said- here are some of the laptops I've considered so far:
Any recommendations or general input would be more than welcome!
P.S. - I know a desktop would be better for my purposes, but that's not a relevant option for me at the moment.