I am looking for some hardware that
- analyzes the quality of I²C signals
- data signal quality (quality of the rectangle)
- clock signal quality (quality of the rectangle)
- potentially other things as defined by I²C (I'm not too familiar yet)
- shows the data transmitted on the I²C bus
- bus monitor (just the hex values)
- data extractor (interpret the hex values, e.g. separate address from data)
This could be 2 separate tools or an all-in-one tool. For both, it would be great if there's a connection to the PC (e.g. via USB) so that I can easily generate test report documents, store the data or forward to someone else.
I have no budget restriction at the moment, since I have to request the budget.
Power users/moderators: are there better tags? I could not find i2c, bus-monitor, protocol-analyzer, sniffer - but I still think this question is on topic since it is an electronic item, connects to a PC and can perform meaningful tasks.