Looking for devices to bridge (transparent) two sites cca 200 m distance over 1 pair (or 2) of telephone cable. Cannot replace the cable, it is underground.

Tried this, but does not work:


This works:

ZyXEL P-791Rv2 https://www.adorama.com/zyp791rv2.html

but cannot be purchased anymore and is rather slow.

What would work for lower quality metalic cables?

  • What speed do you regard as slow ? Commented Apr 19 at 1:42
  • If it's just the cable that can't be replaced, you can do standard 100BASE-TX using the two pairs in telephone cable. Is that insufficient? VDSL2 will also do up to 200 Mb/s.
    – JMY1000
    Commented Apr 19 at 4:32
  • I regard as a slow speed something less tham 10 Mbps. @RohitGupta Commented Apr 19 at 7:27
  • @JMY1000 Doubt I can find enough free functional pairs there. Commented Apr 19 at 7:32
  • You only need two pairs for 100BASE-TX.
    – JMY1000
    Commented Apr 20 at 17:46


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.