I'm looking to get a new mouse (and a keyboard, too). It'll likely be used for 5-8 hours a day for the foreseeable future, mainly for web browsing, programming, and gaming. I am mainly looking for something that will work well for gaming without necessarily having fancy features like macros.
- Cheap (under $10-$15USD, depending on how many of my preferred features it meets)
- Works with Windows 10
- Not wireless (unless the batteries are going to last years on one charge)
- Nice scrollwheel for gaming, i.e. it clicks nicely and doesn't have "smooth" scrolling (these are the problems with my current mouse)
Listed in approximate order of importance
- Has on-the-fly adjustable DPI (so I can easily make pixel-by-pixel cursor/crosshair adjustments without turning on *shudder* mouse acceleration.)
- Any lighting can be turned on and off
- Any lighting is green to go with my headset (really doesn't matter; I'm willing to pay like an extra $1 for this)
- Extraneous features like macros, etc.
The mouse can be in a combo with a keyboard, as long as the keyboard fits this question.