I've never had a smartphone before, but since I started Android development I thought it would be beneficial to have a physical device -- the emulator has some limitations.
I do plan to make this phone my daily driver, but I am not really a heavy phone user.
What I am looking for:
- Is developer friendly
- A nice camera
- A mid-sized display - I don't want anything so big that it's tough to carry
- Front-facing stereo speakers would be nice but it's not a requirement - I know many HTC phones have these but I have heard that the more recent models tend to get hot
- Screen does not get very hot - a phone that runs warm bothers me
- Relatively low SAR rating - It can't hurt to have a lower rating phone
- Can easily turn off the data plan and use wifi
- Fits in my $300-$400 budget
I don't have a ton of knowledge about phone models and I would really appreciate some recommendations.