I have 2 PCs (1 personal, 1 company), an Amazon FireTV and a Raspberry Pi 2. All those devices have HDMI output. My company laptop has Display Port as well.
Being a software developer, I need high resolution for the PCs. At the moment I use 2 monitors with 1280x1024, but IMHO FullHD would be sufficient as a minimum resolution. Higher resolution probably preferred.
The FireTV supports 4k, but I can't see the advantage of 4k yet. FullHD is nice enough. From the description, it seems I need HDCP 2.2 support.
I am sitting in front of the monitor at a distance of .8 to 1 meter, so the size in inches should probably not be too large. Right now I have 2 monitors with 17", which is ok.
- FullHD or higher resolution
- 4 inputs in total (4 HDMI or 3 HDMI + 1 DP)
- 1 HDMI input must support HDCP 2.2
- switching between inputs should be "easy"
- operation without remote control
I don't necessarily need:
- short reaction times, since I'll not do game play with it
- 3D support
- other inputs (although a standard D-Sub VGA input would be nice - who knows what it'll be good for)
At the moment I don't care about the price yet. I just want to find a monitor that has 4 HDMI inputs.
I have tried: finding a monitor on Amazon. From my filter there are 174 monitors to review and while I can specify HDMI, I can't specify the amount of inputs.