I'm using a laptop running Windows 11. For various reasons, I often have to run various programs, while also holding a meeting using MS Teams. I would commonly have Teams, Word, several docs in Acrobat, several tabs of Chrome, at least one other browser (Edge, Firefox, Opera), and WhatsApp running at the same time. Chrome, of course, can take up a huge amount of RAM. I often also have Desktop Windows Manager eating up a large amount of RAM. The problems I'm having are:
- Chrome, Work, or Acrobat freezing/crashing
- Teams kicking me out of the meeting without crashing, or crashing
- The screen going black - NOT off, but black - for a few moments
I was considering upgrading my RAM again - previously I upgraded from 8 to 16, but now I'm considering upgrading to 32 - I'm wondering if it would also matter what MHz the RAM is?
Before I upgrade my RAM, is there something else I should check or consider upgrading? Because the problem often comes up during remote meetings, is it possible a problems with video camera or graphics processing card is the issue?
Thank you so much for your help!
- ASUSTeK VivoBook X510UAR
- BIOS Version X510UAR.310
- BIOS Date 4/19/2019
- MOTHERBOARD Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC
- MOTHERBOARD Model X510UAR; Version 1.0
- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U
- CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
- System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
- Edition Windows 11 Home
- Version 22H2
- Installed on 2022-10-20
- OS build 22621.963
- Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
- Video Processor Intel® UHD Graphics Family