I hope this is the right place to ask. My current laptop has reached the end of its life and was wonderfully compact 11-inch (not a 2in1 or glorified tablet) fairly low spec machine.
I'm looking to upgrade to something of the same kind of size (i.e. small, mobile) but with a bit more power. Although I looked for 10-11 inch purchases to begin with I couldn't find anything that didn't resemble a tablet with a keyboard attached. Visiting stores I also realised that these days, slim bezel 12 or even 13 inch screens can be almost as small as my 11-inch machine, whilst advances in chip manufacture allow them to contain pretty powerful processors / plentiful RAM etc.
So here's the specs, followed by a rough price guide, I'm looking for. Can anyone help with some concrete suggestions?
- Slim bezel, small machine -- 12 inch if possible, or a really compact 13 inch. Should fit in an across the shoulder bag. The length of a hand should cover the screen, let's say.
- Minimum i3 latest 2 generations (or equivalent); ideally an i5 (or equivalent).
- 6GB+ RAM
- Ideally a 256GB SSD (if not possible I can make do with 128GB) -- this will be a portable laptop for remote work for the next 3 years.
- Sound and graphics specifications are a secondary concern. No backlit keyboard or other "luxuries" required.
- Ports -- the usual USB (C, if possible) and HDMI (I won't be difficult by asking for Ethernet!).
- WIFI, Bluetooth etc, but nothing more specialised.
An ideal price range would be between £300-500, but given the right laptop I could be pushed a little higher. I realise I am asking for a lot for this price.
Any clarifications please let me know - and of course, I appreciate your advice.