Apart from high-res, high-frame gaming/other graphics related stuff there are some tasks which are felt either memory/RAM or CPU intensive, some of which are:
- Browsing with 10-20 open tabs.
- Dealing with very large Excel files.
- Compiling the code for large projects/Extensive use of Build tools.
- Using IDEs or development tools like Android Studio, Visual Studio.
- Using VirtualBox/Docker on your computer.
- Extensive Multitasking and using many of the heavy processes which include but are not limited to the above ones.
Does GPU helps reduce the computational burden from the CPU in doing such tasks, thus giving better overall performance to the end user? I've read that the main use of GPU lies in assisting CPU in doing graphics intensive tasks like gaming, 3D design and modelling and multimedia editing software that are similar to those provided by Adobe?